The Bredin SMB Pulse
The Bredin SMB Pulse omnibus survey provides monthly research on a representative national sample of small and midsized businesses (SMBs). This shared-cost research gives you fast, cost-effective survey results when you don’t have the time, budget or need for a full custom research study.
Each month, the Bredin SMB Pulse survey delivers responses from 500 principals – such as owners, founders, managing directors, partners, CEOs and presidents – at:
- 250 companies with 1 to 19 employees
- 150 companies with 20 to 99 employees
- 100 companies with 100 to 500 employees
With the Bredin SMB Pulse, you can quickly and inexpensively:
- Assess brand, product or ad awareness
- Conduct longitudinal or tracking research
- Determine behaviors, usage or satisfaction
- Generate data for high-value content marketing, social and / or PR campaigns; or for collateral development
- Get reactions to new product features, bundles and pricing
- Identify purchase drivers
- Test ad, message, name, logo or product concepts
- Uncover competitive marketing activity, brand / product perception, usage, satisfaction and purchase intent
How it works
- The Bredin SMB Pulse is fielded the third week of each month. Your 10 questions are due by 5pm Eastern on the second Thursday of each month.
- You can submit your 10 questions in a variety of formats such as yes/no, single and multiple select, ranking, rating or open-ended. Questions can include simple branching, skipping or piping.
- JPEG or GIF images can be included for $150 each. The maximum file size is 60K, and maximum image dimensions are 600x800 pixels.
- Customized cross-tabs and data files are available for an additional fee
- Open-ended responses will be included in the data file. Coding is available for an additional fee.
What you get
- The ability to add 10 custom questions, on any topic you like
- As much assistance developing or reviewing your questionnaire as you would like
- Fielding status updates
- Raw survey data, at your request (Excel format)
- A PowerPoint deck with weighted summary slides and significance test results for each question, including by company size (headcount and revenue), age, industry, location (state and urban vs rural) and growth outlook; as well as the respondent age and gender.
- A conference call walk-through of the survey results
- Complete privacy and ownership of your data – we don't use or share your survey data
- Bredin can also develop marketing or sales support content such as articles, blog posts, collateral, infographics, interactive tools and webcasts – based on your Pulse data. We can also host webcasts presenting your research results.
Timing and participation
To participate in the SMB Pulse, just send us an email.
|Wave||Questions due||Survey fielded||Data provided|
|January||5pmE Thursday 1/7||1/8-15||Friday 1/19|
|February||5pmE Thursday 2/11||2/12-19||Friday 3/5|
|March||5pmE Thursday 3/11||3/12-19||Friday 4/2|
|April||5pmE Thursday 4/8||4/9-16||Friday 4/30|
|May||5pmE Thursday 5/13||5/14-21||Friday 6/4|
|June||5pmE Thursday 6/10||6/11-28||Friday 7/2|
|July||5pmE Thursday 7/8||7/9-16||Friday 7/30|
|August||5pmE Thursday 8/12||8/13-20||Friday 9/3|
|September||5pmE Thursday 9/9||9/10-17||Friday 10/1|
|October||5pmE Thursday 10/7||10/8-15||Friday 10/29|
|November||5pmE Thursday 11/11||11/12-19||Friday 12/3|
|December||5pmE Thursday 12/16||12/17-24||Friday 1/7|